2011 edition selects students who are outstanding campus leaders
RENO, Nev. – The 2011 edition of Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges will include the names of 15 students from the University of Nevada, Reno, who have been selected as national outstanding campus leaders.
Students were selected on their academic achievement, service to community, leadership in extracurricular activities and potential for continued success.
They join an elite group of students from more than 2,300 institutions of higher learning in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and several foreign nations.
The students selected from Nevada are:
- Kathleen Nicole Black, College of Science
- Alicia Anne Gardner, College of Business
- Geoffrey Alexander Green, College of Education
- Jessica Hoese, College of Liberal Arts
- Narasimharao Venkata Kondamudi, College of Engineering
- Trevor Roy Macaluso, College of Liberal Arts
- Nazrul Islam Mojumder, College of Engineering and College of Science
- Lea Grace Moser, College of Liberal Arts
- Mat Norris Soma Neben, College of Business
- Diana Marsilovna Perazzo, College of Business
- Sandra JP Prytherch, College of Education
- Leissan Rustemovna Sadykova, College of Liberal Arts and College of Business
- Michelle Elizabeth Sneck, College of Science
- Denise Nicole Esguerra The, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources
- Jadeen Pearl Young, College of Liberal Arts
A reception and award ceremony to honor these students will be held at 4 p.m. on March 3 in the Clark Room of Morrill Hall on campus.
# # #
Nevada’s land-grant university founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno has an enrollment of more than 17,000 students. The University is home to one the country’s largest study-abroad programs and the state’s medical school, and offers outreach and education programs in all Nevada counties. For more information, visit www.unr.edu.
Media Relations Specialist
University Media Relations
University of Nevada, Reno/108
Reno, NV 89557
Media newsroom: http://newsroom.unr.edu