New, one-stop resource for many services available to entrepreneurs and small businesses opens at Urban Chamber of Commerce
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Join Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman as she welcomes the new Business Success Center, a one-stop resource for a wide variety of business programs available to support entrepreneurs and economic development in Las Vegas.
Part of the City of Las Vegas’ business incubator program and located at the Urban Chamber of Commerce, the Business Success Center is managed by the Nevada Small Business Development Center. Services provided at the Business Success Center include professional business consulting, microloans, entrepreneurial training, economic and demographic analyses, regional business and economic research, environmental and energy-efficiency assistance, student support and learning, assistance obtaining government grants and contracts, and other programs that support veterans and Nevada’s changing demographics.
The Business Success Center will be part of the Nevada Small Business Development Center’s network of support offices in southern Nevada metro and rural settings. The Nevada Small Business Development Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
WHAT: Grand-opening, ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Business Success Center, followed by an Urban Chamber Block Party.
WHO: Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman, along with representatives of the local, state and national Business Success Center partners, including:
- University President Marc Johnson and College of Business Dean Greg Mosier, University of Nevada, Reno;
- Kevin Raiford, Entrepreneurship Incubator Advisor, College of Southern Nevada;
- Ed Cadena, Nevada District Director for the U.S. Small Business Administration;
- Senior Deputy Treasurer Sheila Salehian, Nevada State Treasurer’s Office;
- City of Las Vegas Councilman Ricki Y. Barlow
- Shaundell Newsome, Urban Chamber of Commerce Board Member and CEO Sumnu Marketing
- Additional project partners anticipated to be represented at the event include UNLV, Las Vegas Economic and Urban Development Department, Nevada Procurement Outreach Program, Nevada MicroEnterprise Initiative, SCORE, Veterans Business Outreach Center, Nevada Department of Transportation and others.
WHEN: 10:30 a.m., Friday, May 25
WHERE: Urban Chamber of Commerce, 1951 Stella Lake St., Las Vegas, Suite 32
# # #
The Nevada Small Business Development Center is a statewide business-assistance outreach program of the University of Nevada, Reno, College of Business that provides a wide variety of technical assistance to support Nevada business and to help entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses in today’s dynamic market.
Nevada’s land-grant university founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno has an enrollment of 18,000 students and is ranked in the top tier of the nation’s best universities. Part of the Nevada System of Higher Education, the University has the system’s largest research program and is home to the state’s medical school. With outreach and education programs in all Nevada counties and with one of the nation’s largest study-abroad consortiums, the University extends across the state and around the world. For more information, visit www.unr.edu.
Media Relations Officer
University Media Relations
University of Nevada, Reno/108
Reno, NV 89557
Media newsroom: http://newsroom.unr.edu